Friday 12 December 2014

Freedom

When we are disappointed or unhappy in life, to what extent is lack of freedom, lack of choice, lack of options or alternative or the appearance of these being the case, at the heart of the dissatisfaction?   All imply powerlessness or limited ability to change things.

The reason I most love the milonga over practicas, classes, workshops and all the ways of dancing tango is the freedom and the choice.  I am free to dance with whom I want, when I want.  I am free to dance to the music I want and only that music.  The rest of the time I am also free - to relax, chat, listen, watch and learn.  I am free to arrive when I wish and leave when I want to.  

I love to see my friends in the milonga, or similar, loose social gatherings - when we are all free to come and go as we please without imposition on the others, when people might be there, or they might not, but if they are not, then others will be.  And if friends that we particularly like to see and dance with do happen to be at the milonga, then it is an extra pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment