Saturday 18 February 2017

Kinky boots

Recently, my friend was telling me about the roaring fire at the Poema milonga in Liverpool that I have wanted to go to for ages, not least because she goes, Bill goes and I love to dance with him, Pablo DJs and I hear he is good, the venue looks nice and some people say Liverpool is the next big thing for tango in the north.
- Very 'hygge', I said
- Indeed...had to look that up You know how I live in a bubble.
- I don't! You are out there exploring all the time

Ramsbottom itself has history, walks and is a good place for food. When I sent that piece to the same friend who had been to that milonga weekend (review) she said with characteristic frankness and fun:
- You completely failed to mention this place... Do you recall the film "Kinky Boots'? I think it was based on this mill.
- See, what bubble?!
- I'm very clued up on certain aspects of life...
She can make me laugh before midday.
- And there was I thinking ought I to have mentioned Robert Peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment