Tuesday 7 February 2017

Tania




I met Tania last year in a shop in Edinburgh where she was doing alterations.  I only met her once or twice. She did great work and I just liked her manner so I was dismayed when she left a short time later.  Luckily, I found her. She continued doing alterations for me and we became friends. 



She and her husband, Enrico, have been to the milongas a few times.





No wonder her work is great - Tania was a fashion designer in Belarus where she reached the top of her profession. Winning a fashion competition after college meant she got to travel round Europe. Years later it was back in Italy that she met her husband.

Just after I got back from the Netherlands after Christmas, I came by their flat with an alteration. Tania gave me a hand-stitched bear, beautifully worked, as a present. She showed me a giraffe she had also made and I bought it on the spot, feeling that affinity and because, when my youngest son says toys have feelings, I understand and I didn’t want bear to be lonely.

Tania also makes dolls which are for sale (see below). Her dolls and animals have something about them that is bittersweet, like tango. The red haired doll is a queen, of course.





You can get in touch with Tania for dressmaking, design, alterations or her dolls via Marinich Dolls or Marinich Fashion Design.

Tatsiana Marynich (MARINICH) is a member of the Belarusian Union of Designers. Her creative development started from taking part in international clothes designer contests. Her work has been presented in shows in Italy, Germany, Sweden, numerous times in Eurasian Fashion Week, Belarus Fashion Week, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia.


No comments:

Post a Comment