Tuesday 5 March 2019

Talk-inflicted ailments

A:  I was dancing with her again and then trying to get her to pivot, but she kept stepping. So after a while I would try again in the middle of just walking, and it wouldn't work & she could tell & I didn't want her to feel bad and I said it was me & if she would bear with me. Anyway, eventually I did show her a pivot and everything became easier and more fun and suddenly we could do more. It was great. But it did involve talk!

B:  Talk-inflicted ailments do often respond to talk-based remedies. But the fact you have to use a talk-based remedy is itself a talk-based ailment.

A:  What was the talk inflicted ailment?  The class?

B:  Class is not an ailment.

 "trying to get her to pivot, but she kept stepping "

A:  I think in class they were only walking. In fact I know they were.

B:  Solo or with someone who could not dance, evidently. See "stepping" above.

One day, you be able to cure her direct -- and the only side effects will be good ones.


A:  [sigh] I don't understand.

B:  You will.

A:  And what do you mean "cure"?

B:  See " trying to get her to pivot, but she kept stepping " above.

A:  I wish I could have got her to pivot without talking, but I couldn't.  I did try. So you're saying I should've stopped?

B:  No. Probably you both learned something :)

A:  If I stop I don't see how I will ever learn how to get her to do it.

B:  Figures :)

A:  I don't feel I make progress dancing as the guy & it's because I'm not sure how.

B:  Good you know the reason :)

A:  So...keep dancing?

B: That's all I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment