Saturday 3 June 2023

Girl on girl



When I started dancing in 2012 I can only think of one woman in Scotland, a teacher, who danced in the man's role and she wasn't Scottish. At any rate, women dancing together was rare. I was even taken to task in a different class, when bored with waiting, I started dancing with a woman.

I started dancing the "guy's" role a year or two later, picked an unkind woman, gave up for a year as a result and started again a year or so later. St Andrews university, where I think this photo was taken in 2016, were running classes and prácticas from at least the year before. There, people of both sexes danced both roles.

Now, it is very common to see women in both roles in e.g. Edinburgh. Women generally dance better than most men. It should make guys up their game, dance better if they want to dance at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment