Monday 27 March 2023

Confidence

Pixabay



When women make it so clear that they want to dance with you, it can be very difficult to slide the eyes away, pretend you haven't seen them or do any of the face saving behaviours so common in the milonga. In these cases I even feel I need to give justifications, something almost unheard of in that setting. I know two women who signal their intent in such a way. It takes a particular confidence.

One of them gave me that look recently and at a short distance. I went up to her.
I can't, I said, apologetically, the music. And it was true.
Can't you just...wing it?
You know I can't. I have to know and love the music I dance.

I would guess men find it even harder to refuse women who invite that way.


*


Cuando las mujeres dejan tan claro que quieren bailar contigo, puede ser muy difícil apartar la mirada, fingir que no las has visto o hacer cualquiera de los comportamientos para guardar las apariencias que son tan habituales en la milonga. En estos casos incluso siento que tengo que dar justificaciones, algo que casi nunca ocurre en la milonga.  Conozco a dos mujeres que señalan su intención de ese modo. Hace falta una confianza especial.


Una de ellas me dirigió esa mirada hace poco y a corta distancia. Me acerqué a ella.
No puedo, le dije, disculpándome, la música. Y era cierto.
¿No puedes... improvisar?
Sabes que no puedo. Tengo que conocer y amar la música que bailo.

Supongo que a los hombres les resulta aún más difícil rechazar a las mujeres que invitan así.

No comments:

Post a Comment