Monday 6 March 2023

Sexual harassment

Thomas Hawk


A (woman): I like it when the woman invites the guy to embrace her from an open hold.

B (woman): Of course! 

A: When you and I started dancing in the embrace sometimes, it was when I felt ready.

B: Obviously! Where's the rush? It's actually amazing when, after months, someone eventually gives you that trust.

A: Exactly. But sometimes guys try to pull me into an embrace when I’m not ready. 

B: Like, yesterday, in the city?

A: Yes.

B: Who did that?!

A: Lots of them do it.

B: Oh my god! What did you do? 

A: I pulled back to get some distance.

B: So did they twig?

A: They must have, but they kept doing it.

B: Wow. What did you do?

A: I got really tense and stressed.

B: No kidding. Time to say “thank you very much” and leave the floor! I mean, where’s the pleasure in that?

A: I didn’t want to cause a scene.

B: So you put up with being maltreated?  Pulling a girl into an embrace when she doesn’t want to?  That isn't dancing at that point. Just say no! 

No comments:

Post a Comment